Friends of Barboursville
FoB Home

 Mining Issues:

Contact Your Government!

How Can I Help?

If you'd like to help fight the proposed mine in Barboursville, here are some things you can do:
  • Donate to Friends of Barboursville.
    In March, 2002, FoB and 37 individual complainants filed suit against General Shale and the Orange County Board of Supervisors. We need your tax-deductible donations to help us cover the legal fees. Any amount is welcome! Click here to find out how to donate.
  • Write to Governor Warner.
    The Governor has shown his concern for the environment, the economy and for minority issues. Please make sure he's aware of what's going on in Orange county, and of the devastating effect this mine could have on the community. You can find out how to contact the Governor's office, and other government offices, by clicking here.
  • Volunteer!
    We can use help distributing flyers and petitions, assisting with upcoming fund-raisers, and just spreading the word. Click here for information about volunteering. There's plenty of work to go around.

Sponsored by Friends of Barboursville, inc. P.O. Box 60 Barboursville, VA 22923 (
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
General Shale/Wienerberger Mine
Modified Monday, 18-Apr-2005 18:31:45 UTC